Hi! I’m Katie from Adulting Daily and I’ll be guest posting on Linh’s blog today! We both love to cook and thought it would be fun to collaborate on a post where we used the same ingredient to create different dishes to share with you. We decided on almond butter and I’m really excited to share my dish: Sesame Almond Butter Zucchini Noodles with Chicken!
I was craving Thai food, so I decided to create a sauce using almond butter instead of peanut butter for an inspired peanut sauce. I then decided to make it extra healthy by using zucchini noodles as the base. I added chicken for extra protein and everything came together really well! The sauce has great flavor with the almond butter, tamari, sesame oil, and lime juice. Adding a little bit of water is a great trick to make sure it’s not too thick and evenly coats the zucchini noodles.
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced into chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced thinly
- Spiralize zucchini noodles, set in colander, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then let sit
- Meanwhile, add almond butter, tamari, sesame oil, lime juice, brown sugar, water, salt and pepper to a food processor blender to combine
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add bell pepper, spinach, and garlic. Saute for about 5 minutes then add chicken
- While chicken is cooking, wrap zucchini noodles in paper towels and press out excess water. When chicken is no longer pink, add zucchini noodles to skillet
- Add sauce into the skillet and stir everything together to combine
- Plate and top with cilantro and green onions
Enjoy! Check out more of my recipes here. What’s your favorite way to incorporate almond butter into a dish? Have another ingredient idea you’d like us to try out?